RE: [help-GIFT] Using GIFT

From: Majid NAJJAR
Subject: RE: [help-GIFT] Using GIFT
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2008 16:17:07 +0200

Well unfortunatly i don't have any Perl skills,  I remember editing many header
files .h and c files .c to add some libraries like #include because the
installation was prompting me errors.
I'm using gcc 4.3.1 20080507 on openSUSE 11.0.
I've attached the files you've requested.
But to retreive all of the output is a little bit tough, i'll restate some:

linux-2nqc:/usr/local/bin # ./gift-add-collection.pl /home/majid/Desktop/Logo
Parameterless "use IO" deprecated at
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.10.0/i586-linux-thread-multi/XML/Writer.pm line 16
Constant subroutine main::SEEK_SET redefined at ./gift-add-collection.pl line 32
Constant subroutine main::SEEK_END redefined at ./gift-add-collection.pl line 32
Constant subroutine main::SEEK_CUR redefined at ./gift-add-collection.pl line 32
locale: cannot read character map directory `/usr/share/i18n/charmaps': No such
file or directory
I am assuming that the system is using US-ASCII as encoding.
Within the xml files generated, we will use UTF-8 as encoding method
File /root/.gift-add-collection could not be opened (No such file or
directory), so I won't use it

 I will read the images in:
 /home/majid/Desktop/Logo/

 I will generate feature files which I put into:
 /root/gift-indexing-data/Logo/

 The index files will be stored in:
 /root/gift-indexing-data/Logo/

 The URLs I will generate will have the prefix:
 file:/home/majid/Desktop/Logo/

This file was last modified 1217838684 after the epoch
Estimating how many images we are going to index: 0
Creating an inverted file using the files/root/gift-indexing-data/Logo//
/root/gift-indexing-data/Logo///url2fts.xml
/root/gift-indexing-data/Logo///InvertedFileFeatureDescription.db

Opening /root/gift-indexing-data/Logo//url2fts.xml ...success.
constructing parser
Reading
82 characters
Read url2fts.xml
Successfully processed
URLFile /root/gift-indexing-data/Logo//url2fts.xml processed.
NEWGEN I want to use/generate the
files:/root/gift-indexing-data/Logo//InvertedFile.db
/root/gift-indexing-data/Logo//InvertedFileOffset.db
/root/gift-indexing-data/Logo//url2fts.xml
/root/gift-indexing-data/Logo//InvertedFileFeatureDescription.db
files successfully opened
before mergesort
STARTING mit MERGESIZE1
MERGESORT MergeSize 12
endmerge
after mergesort. The last file I used was
/root/gift-indexing-data/Logo//gift-auxiliary-2
Opening sorted stream for reading. State (should be '1'): 0xbff5ca8c
[inFeatureID:4/0;inPosition:16/0==0]20
Writing Chunk for Feature ID 0. The Offset is 0x0=0
The collection frequency is: inf
gift-generate-inverted-file: CInvertedFileChunk.cc:117: bool
CInvertedFileChunk::writeBinary(std::ostream&, TID, si) const: Assertion
`!"collection frequency out of range"' failed.

PROGRESS: 99%

Copying /root/gift-config.mrml to /root/gift-config.mrml-old

XML::DOM::Attr=ARRAY(0x8aa57b4)
Can't locate object method "getAttribute" via package "XML::DOM::Attr" at
./gift-add-collection.pl line 796,  line 44.

THANKS IN ADVANCE, I DON'T WANT TO RUSH YOU SIR BUT THE SOONER I CAN GET A
RESULT THE BETTER IT IS.
Regards,