[help-GIFT] Using GIFT

From: Majid NAJJAR
Subject: [help-GIFT] Using GIFT
Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2008 13:38:14 +0200

Hi, GIFT is said to be a great tool to find similar images.
After days of fighting I've been able to install GIFT 0.1.14 on Linux openSUSE
11.0. But i don't know what to do with it !!!
I don't want to read and compare images from a database  ( i will do it later
on ) but i need to do it from a specific folder.

in /usr/local/bin i've executed ./gift-add-collection.pl /home/maj/Desktop/Logo/
then executed ./gift

The current configuration directory is: /home/maj
Opening port 12789
TCP socket successfully initialized:9
TCP socket successfully initialized:10
Waiting for connection...

A new folder was Logo_thumbnails but nothing inside it.

I've tried to repeat the operation but when i've launched the
./gift-add-collection.pl /home/maj/Desktop/Logo/
an error showed up:

PROGRESS: 99%

Copying /home/maj/gift-config.mrml to /home/maj/gift-config.mrml-old

XML::DOM::Attr=ARRAY(0x8aa482c)
Can't locate object method "getAttribute" via package "XML::DOM::Attr" at
./gift-add-collection.pl line 796,  line 44.

Is it normal to have such error? And how can I use GIFT in order to find
similar images ? Would you please give me some uselful tutorials ?!

NB: I'm new to Linux so please give me a clear explanation.

Thanks in advance,