Re: [help-GIFT] struggling with running GIFT...

From: Niles Johnson
Subject: Re: [help-GIFT] struggling with running GIFT...
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2008 09:14:54 -0500

Hello all,

Thanks for the suggestions Henning; here is a copy of my
'gift-config.mrml'.  I think the "Separate Normalisation" algorithm is
essentially the same, but "Classical IDF" is listed in my copy but not
the one you sent.  I'm using version 0.1.14 of the GIFT, but not the
latest from CVS--I downloaded this version in the summer of 2007.  I
would like to try re-compiling and installing, but I haven't worked up
the courage yet :)

Could you say a little more about removing the perl link algorithm?
Even though I've commented it out in my 'gift-config.mrml', GIFT is
still testing 'libGIFTAcPerl' and 'libGIFTQuPerl' on startup.  This
doesn't seem to stop the GIFT from working, but it might still be nice
to skip them.

Neville, how does this compare with your 'gift-config.mrml'?

best,
Niles