Re: [help-GIFT] GIFT installation

From: Henning Müller
Subject: Re: [help-GIFT] GIFT installation
Date: Thu, 07 Feb 2008 14:35:00 +0100

Hi,

the best is most often to use the latest version. MayOS might require some changes. There were some posts a while ago on how to install things on MacOS and if you look in the archives you might find these.

Cheers, Henning

Christophe Gisler a écrit :
Hello,

I'm doing my Master thesis in informatics at the University of Fribourg (CH) and I will perhaps use the GIFT framework in my project. For the moment, I just want to try it and learn how it works to be sure it could be useful to me, but I got some problems on installation. I'm trying to compile the GIFT package v.0.1.14 under Mac OS X 10.5.1 (MacBook Pro with Intel processor) and I get the following compilation error on executing the 'make' command :

CDomainSocket.cc: In member function 'virtual bool CDomainSocket::acceptAndServe()': CDomainSocket.cc:98: error: aggregate 'ucred lCredentials' has incomplete type and cannot be defined
CDomainSocket.cc:102: error: 'SO_PEERCRED' was not declared in this scope
make[3]: *** [CDomainSocket.o] Error 1
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make: *** [all] Error 2

Can you please help me ? It would be very kind.

C. Gisler