Re: [help-GIFT] Re: help-GIFT Digest, Vol 39, Issue 2

From: Wolfgang Müller
Subject: Re: [help-GIFT] Re: help-GIFT Digest, Vol 39, Issue 2
Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2007 10:42:16 +0200

On Wednesday 04 July 2007 08:58, pratima guttoo wrote:
> hi
> The web page is an online photo album that use tagging and am adding GIFT
> to it.
> When i am adding an image to the online photo it stores it to the member
> folder and at the same time in a folder named upload. In my add code which
> is in php i have call gift-add-collection.pl to index the folder upload. It
> is doing the indexing of upload folder.If i already had indexed images in
> that folder, it ovewrites it with the new image only. In gift indexing data
> also there is only the details of last image i uploaded. In the code each
> time am indexing the folder. I wanted to confirm whether GIFT replaces
> existing images of a folder by a new one if each time am indexing same
> folder.

Hi,
Thanks for the detail.

Which version of GIFT are you using?

I think this is at least *not intended* behavior. I believe this behavior is
fixed in CVS, but I am not sure. However, as I go towards adding images
during runtime, I guess I will fix that on the way, if it is not fixed, yet.

As a side note, current GIFT needs to be restarted after reindex, even if you
fix the bug you are talking about. There are some parts of the indexing data
that are read into RAM on startup. They are not re-read if you change the
indexing data.

Dr. Wolfgang Müller
LS Medieninformatik
Universität Bamberg