Re: [help-GIFT] Re: Patches AMD 64 next try.../kmrml file:/// URL nuisan

From: risc
Subject: Re: [help-GIFT] Re: Patches AMD 64 next try.../kmrml file:/// URL nuisance
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2007 08:05:26 -0600

On Mon, Jan 29, 2007 at 11:51:26AM +0100, Wolfgang Müller wrote:
> On Thursday 25 January 2007 15:22, address@hidden wrote:
> > No problem here. i'd have commited already, if i could find that slowdown
> > on 32bit... one of my other projects(openmosix) needs work, and i'm now
> > working two jobs, so time is a little rarer than it used to be. :)
>
> Two jobs in FOSS? Or two day jobs?

no, two day jobs. put in over a hundred hours last week...
mind you, i use FOSS only, and i'm not timid about changing/contributing to get
a job done, so its success, of a sort. :)

> Well, I yesterday compiled current CVS on Gentoo amd64 and tried to index a
> collection (this did not work). And today I checked that things do still work
> on Intel. There seems to be a problem with GIFT<->File URLs. The URL lookup
> at the beginning of a query thus needs some massage. This is the next bit on
> my todo. Let's hope for next weekend.
>
> Cheers,
> Wolfgang
>
> --
> Dr. Wolfgang Müller
> LS Medieninformatik
> Universität Bamberg
> Check out the SIG MM web site http://www.sigmm.org

i have some patches that need to be merged before that will truely be useful. i
can get a successful index with the last patch set i submitted.

Julia Longtin <address@hidden>