Re: [help-GIFT] Features Extraction

From: Henning Müller
Subject: Re: [help-GIFT] Features Extraction
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2006 08:30:32 +0100

Hi,

the numbers you are getting should be feature number and frequency. The feature extraction program in the FeatureExtraction directory allows you to create a list of all 80'000 features and what exactly they correspond to. InvertedFileFeatureDescription.db in your indexing directory already makes an association between feature number and features class (0-3, for Gabor, color blocks, Gabor, color histogram).
If you read some of the early Viper papers this is described in more detail.

Cheers, Henning

Epa Uwimana wrote:
Here is the script:

open FILE,shift;
read(FILE,$lString,4);
print unpack("I",$lString),"\n";
while(read(FILE,$lString,8)){
        print join(":",unpack("If",$lString)),"\n";
}
I figured out that I had a typo in my script but even after fixing it, I
am getting a lot of number that I have no ideas what they are and now I
am wondering if they are right.
Try to run the attached image and let me know what the result would mean
I am interested in knowing what every number stands for i.e RGB,HSV,
Energy,Histogram and others

Thanks again

Epa Uwimana

Quoting Wolfgang Müller <address@hidden>:

Dear all,

I am interested in features for each image. I remember reading from
one
literature that you extract around 7800 features per image and I
was
wondering if there is a way I can extract these from the .fts.
I received one perl script from Dr. Muller and the script doesn't
seem
to work correctly. Do you have the script that he mentioned you can
send
to the list?
Could you please post the script to the list? AFAIR it is simply
using the> perl unpack function. Of course one would need to compare the exact script> with the exact c++ code.

There is also the code to read a feature list in the inverted file
accessor> within GIFT which is known to work.

Dr. Wolfgang Müller
LS Medieninformatik
Universität Bamberg
Check out the SIG MM web site http://www.sigmm.org