Re: [help-GIFT] Features Extraction

From: Wolfgang Müller
Subject: Re: [help-GIFT] Features Extraction
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2006 09:13:21 +0100

Dear all,

> I am interested in features for each image. I remember reading from one
> literature that you extract around 7800 features per image and I was
> wondering if there is a way I can extract these from the .fts.
> I received one perl script from Dr. Muller and the script doesn't seem
> to work correctly. Do you have the script that he mentioned you can send
> to the list?

Could you please post the script to the list? AFAIR it is simply using the
perl unpack function. Of course one would need to compare the exact script
with the exact c++ code.

There is also the code to read a feature list in the inverted file accessor
within GIFT which is known to work.

Dr. Wolfgang Müller
LS Medieninformatik
Universität Bamberg