Re: [help-gift]errors occured when I try to connect to gift

From: Wolfgang Müller
Subject: Re: [help-gift]errors occured when I try to connect to gift
Date: Mon, 2 Oct 2006 10:13:43 +0200

On Sunday 01 October 2006 11:03, Liu Allen wrote:
> Maybe my gift-prerequisites hasn't been install properly.
> when I try to install the prerequisites package, according to the
> README of gift-prerequisites-0.11,  I should run  "source env.sh "  ,
> but I can't find env.sh , I can't understand this step ,either.

Well, thanks for posting the README. The readme tells you to

EITHER install-as-root.sh

OR install-in-home.sh and use env.sh

As you did the former (i.e. the EITHER-branch), you will not have to use
env.sh, and it will not be generated.

Well, your image magick install failed. This is mainly a problem between you
and image magick, as all install-as-root.sh does is calling the standard
image magick install.

In order to remedy your problems I suggest you to get the newest image magick
and install that (using the install instructions given by image magick) and
see if that works. Another probability is to see if "convert" works and under
which circumstances.

Try

% man convert

and then have some fun converting images :-)

Dr. Wolfgang Müller
LS Medieninformatik
Universität Bamberg
Check out the SIG MM web site http://www.sigmm.org