Re: [help-GIFT] <help-gift>errors when I do make

From: David Squire
Subject: Re: [help-GIFT] <help-gift>errors when I do make
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2006 11:44:41 +0100

Wolfgang Müller wrote:
Anyone using ubuntu here? Isn't there a Debian build that one could install in Ubuntu?

My installation in Melbourne is Ubuntu on an AMD64. I have built and installed 0.1.14 under Ubuntu many times without problems (once the initial 64 bit stuff was sorted out :) ).

I would surprised if it did not install "out of the box".... given that one has all the prerequisites. Ubuntu installations are typically very light when first installed, and then packages are added incrementally through synaptic.

Regards,

David

--
Dr David McG. Squire,  Senior Lecturer. On sabbatical in 2006.
Caulfield School of Information Technology, Monash University, Australia