Client storing query state (was Re: [help-GIFT] Adding and removing imag

From: David Squire
Subject: Client storing query state (was Re: [help-GIFT] Adding and removing images to/from gift)
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2006 14:10:29 +0100

Wolfgang Müller wrote:
>> - After getting a random set, I chose 3 images which i like, requery,
>> select 3 more images gift found I could like. Now there is nothing more
>> I like soi start "deselecting" the other 4 unwanted images, requeryand
>> get 4 new images. But when I requery again, gift brings back the 4
>> images i deselected before. After what I've seen this is not the gifts
>> fault as such, it's more of a workflow problem because gift obviously
>> doesn't know anymore what it server one request before. It would be nice
>> if gift itself could track in the session, which images are queried
>> wanted / unwanted and never show the unwanted in that session again. I
>> think it could improve accuracy.
>>

> Well, we discussed this a lot in /199./ and /200[01]/ and came up with the
> thought that we rather want to add features like that in the client than in
> the query processor.
>
> In fact, from a HCI point of view it seems to be a good idea for the client
> make the IR client a gathering space.

My client
(http://viper.csse.monash.edu.au/~davids/cgi-bin/PerlMRMLClient/PerlMRMLClient.pl)
stores that state. I would be happy to give you a copy. Alternatively,
you could just point my copy at your server and port, and use it to
access your collection.

Regardss,

David

--
Dr. David McG. Squire, Senior Lecturer. On sabbatical in 2006.
Caulfield School of Information Technology, Monash University, Australia