Re: [help-GIFT] Appending to a collection, merging collections, or just

From: Kamil Wencel
Subject: Re: [help-GIFT] Appending to a collection, merging collections, or just "restoring" db-files
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 19:55:17 +0200

Hi Julia,

thanks for the script. I'm sure Jonas will test it and so will I. As Jonas said, it is really time-consuming to test all possible ways without proper guidance. I barely have a clue of what really is under the hood and I guess it will take a lot of time fiddling around until I reach the next level. So I really appreciate your efforts and I will comment on your script, once I had a chance to test run it in a clean environment.

--Kamil

A while back, i did the required research to create a collection in
multiple stages. What i was doing was running my (faster) feature extractor against all the image files, using several machines,
dropping the result into one big database, and running the following
version of the gift-add-collection.pl script.

I'm attaching said script.

I THINK it works along the same lines as you're talking about,
only I was using several machines to create a collection with this.

I've done the "homework". A collection built with this script is
bitwise identical to a collection built normally.

Please comment.