Re: [help-GIFT] Optimizing

From: David Squire
Subject: Re: [help-GIFT] Optimizing
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2006 22:45:50 +0100

address@hidden wrote:

I don't find the branch idea to be a great one, because what appears to be already happening is everyone is using their own branches, and the one in the tree, which is the one that people new to the project will use, is being left to rot. David's criticism of that optimization is valid, I'll be adding a MAX_WIDTH and MAX_HEIGHT, so that both of us are satisfied. All of my allocation changes are already in tree, and this one is the only one that we both agree was a "badly implemented idea".

Not so fast. I still haven't read everything that happened while I was
walking :) I had about 500 non-spam emails to deal with when I returned...

Cheers,

David

--
Dr David McG. Squire, Senior Lecturer, on sabbatical in 2006
Caulfield School of Information Technology, Monash University, Australia