[help-GIFT] patch-fu

From: risc
Subject: [help-GIFT] patch-fu
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2006 16:03:23 -0500

Yet another patch..

This one is a case of "add code to gain speed".

By adding a special case handling of "kernel being tested
is within the borders of the image",you gain speed by not
performing a conditional in the loop, which allows for
gcc 4.1's autovec engine to change your loop to a series
of SSE2 instructions.

Get all that? :)

Anyways, this brings the speed down to ~1.3 on my machine.

the 70-* and 80-* patches have equivilents for convolutions
two and four, i'm just not getting it quite right yet...

I'm also attaching my testing program, so that others can
check my work.

Julia Longtin <address@hidden>