Re: [help-GIFT] address@hidden: Re: Testing GIFT-modifications]

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [help-GIFT] address@hidden: Re: Testing GIFT-modifications]
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2006 19:32:59 +0200

Hi there, thanks for your activity. I am still behind 56k, and yesterday I
could not even reach my lab for some networking problem in between --> replies
are sluggish.

Just a quick comment: I do not think testing the query engine via a c++ program
is a good idea. I think the right idea is to write a perl script that uses the
MRML socket based interface. As a glue language I think the perl would also be
suited for running the test in itself, ie getting the images, unpacking them,
indexing them, firing off the query engine, querying it and checking the
results.

Any takers? If it has not become clear, I have changed CVS policy one week ago
:-), if you want access and you're reasonably known to me :-), just drop me a
mail. I think announcing changes to the list and waiting for complaints seems a
good idea, even more so when a testing framework is in place.

From: address@hidden
Date:  Wed, 16 Aug 2006 09:49:59 -0500