[help-GIFT] pre-cc?

From: Jonas Lindqvist
Subject: [help-GIFT] pre-cc?
Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2006 20:59:47 +0200

Hi!

I've been playing with various compiler flags, and ended up getting a compilation error in a .pre-cc file. Google suggests this is "PREttier Compiler-Compiler", which doesn't make me much wiser.

So, please teach me! What's the deal with the files with a "pre-cc"- suffix?

Also, I edited the file that caused the compilation problem, but it seems like it's not using my changes when I recompile, as I get the same error again. Some kind of caching in effect, I suspect, but a "make distclean" didn't solve anything...
What am I missing?

/Jonas

ps:
I found some obviously delete-able code if you're interested:
GIFTServer/HomeMadeServer.cc and libMRML/cc/CCommunicationHandler.cc share some copy-pasted code that is both garbage and (fortunately) not used (apart from an extern-declaration in GIFTServer/Server.cc).
The functions are:
string itoa (int val,int length)
and
string dtoa (double val)

I can see no reason to hold on to those... (But if I'm wrong, please explain)