Re: [help-GIFT] Using GIFT for symbol recognition

From: Ernesto Ferrari
Subject: Re: [help-GIFT] Using GIFT for symbol recognition
Date: Sat, 06 May 2006 22:00:55 +0200

address@hidden wrote:
>>I have downloaded the GIFT files from ftp://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/gift. I
>>tried to find the  README.Debian as suggested by Ernesto but did not
>>find the file.
>

> Well, the README.Debian is not part of the GIFT distro. The Debians take the
> GIFT distro and then add their stuff in order to package the GIFT.

Anyway, I quoted the entire README.Debian in my previous email, so you
already have it ;)

> As far as I understand Ernesto, probably the easiest way to get a running
> GIFT is to install Debian or a Debian-based GNU/Linux distro.

It is.
Philip, if you want and easy-to-install user-friendly Debian
distribution go for Ubuntu (http://www.ubuntu.com/), and if you doesn't
feel comfortable yet for a Linux install go for Ubuntu Live-CD, the OS
will run from you CD without install anything. You can donwload it
Ubuntu Linux from here:
http://www.ubuntu.com/download
Cheers,
Ernesto Ferrari