Re: [help-GIFT] Text::Iconv is missing.

From: David Squire
Subject: Re: [help-GIFT] Text::Iconv is missing.
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2005 22:13:56 +1000

Filip FLOREA wrote:

Another perl related problem.
I'm using Fedora3. I tryed to update perl and to manually install Text-
Iconv-1.4. I even manually put the Iconv.pm file
into /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.5 but it still doesn't work -> the same error

It would have to be in the appropriate subdirectory (i.e. Text). This is
why it is best to install perl modules using CPAN. I suggest that, as
root, you do "perl -MCPAN -e shell", and then "install Text::Iconv". Not
only will this put it in the right place, but it will also check
prerequisites, test it, etc.

Regards,

David

PS. Typing "help" at the CPAN prompt is also a good way to start  :)

--
Dr. David McG. Squire,  Associate Head, Caulfield Campus
Faculty of Information Technology, Monash University, Australia