Re: [help-GIFT] 0.1.14 is out/0.1.15 needed

From: Wolfgang Müller
Subject: Re: [help-GIFT] 0.1.14 is out/0.1.15 needed
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2005 15:09:16 +0200

Sorry to those who were trying 0.1.14. Due to some negligence the current
version appears to compile fine on AMD 64 systems, but not on 32 bit systems.
Worse than that, the AMD 64 version fails on feature extraction, i.e. it is
unusable. When fed with the proper features, the server works fine on 64 bit,
though.

We will try to fix the 64bit issues ASAP.

In any case, beginning of next week I will give out a stress-tested nicely
compiling 32-bit version (which currently toils away on my machine, indexing
images). As a special goody, I will post a Gentoo Ebuild for GIFT which 10
minutes ago "worked for me". Anyone wanting to help me maintain it?

Dr. Wolfgang Müller
LS Medieninformatik
Universität Bamberg