[help-GIFT] Charmer client Security Exception

From: MS
Subject: [help-GIFT] Charmer client Security Exception
Date: Thu, 01 Apr 2004 22:16:57 +0200

Hi,

I've installed the gnuift package from debian testing
and use the appletviewer from the sun java sdk 1.4.2_04
to run the Charmer client.
The client starts. I can connect to the server, but
all windows are empty and when I click the button "fetch a random set of
images" I get a Security exception(see shell output below).

I have my image collection in my public_html directory and the entries
in the url2fts.xml file look like this:
 <image url-postfix="http://localhost/~user/ASIA/120002B.JPG";
feature-file-name="/home/user/gift-indexing-data/ASIA//120002B_JPG.fts"
thumbnail-url-postfix="http://localhost/~user/ASIA_thumbnails/120002B_thumbnail_JPG.jpg";
 />

Apache is running and I can access the pictures with this links using my
web-browser.

I've read something about problems with old appletviewer versions in
the gift guide and therfore put my image colletion in the public_html
directory. But that didn't solve the problem.
Are there other clients that work or what am I doing wrong. I started
installing gift yesterday and it still isn't running... :-(

--------------------------------Security Exception-------------------
DIRECTLY AFTER TRAVERSING
java.lang.NullPointerException
        at
charmer.CharmerConnectionMRML.translateToCharmer(CharmerConnectionMRML.java:752)
        at
charmer.CharmerConnectionMRML.getRandomImages(CharmerConnectionMRML.java:742)
        at charmer.client.Charmer.getRandom(Charmer.java:268)
        at charmer.client.MainFrame.mouseLClicked(MainFrame.java:290)
        at charmer.client.DrawnButton.mouseClicked(DrawnButton.java:320)
        at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Component.java:5103)
        at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Component.java:3615)
        at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:1627)
        at
java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:201)
        at
java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:151)
        at
java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:145)
        at
java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:137)
        at
java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:100)
(java.lang.RuntimePermission exitVM)
        at
java.security.AccessControlContext.checkPermission(AccessControlContext.java:269)
        at
java.security.AccessController.checkPermission(AccessController.java:
401)
        at
java.lang.SecurityManager.checkPermission(SecurityManager.java:524)
        at java.lang.SecurityManager.checkExit(SecurityManager.java:736)
        at java.lang.Runtime.exit(Runtime.java:88)
        at java.lang.System.exit(System.java:715)
        at charmer.client.Charmer.stop(Charmer.java:100)
        at charmer.client.MainFrame.mouseLClicked(MainFrame.java:356)
[...]
        at sun.applet.AppletPanel.run(AppletPanel.java:440)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534)