[help-GIFT] Re: GIFT make error on windows via Cygwin

From: Wolfgang Müller
Subject: [help-GIFT] Re: GIFT make error on windows via Cygwin
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2003 08:41:27 +0200

On Tuesday 22 July 2003 21:29, Seventeen wrote:
> Dear Wolfgang Mueller,
>
> I'm not sure if anyone successfully compile GIFT under windows on cygwin.
> I tried on gift-0.1.9 version and cygwin CYGWIN_NT-5.1 1.3.22 version.
> After few hours of testing, I've make all other directories successful
> compile, but only the GIFTServer directory.

Hey, congrats. If you have patches, please send them to me, I will gladly
include them into GIFT.

> The error message below is what I'd encountered. (Sorry that I know few
> about c++).

In any case, you seem to be tough...

> I can open a windows login via sshd if you want to testing remote on my
> windows box.

Thanks, maybe I will come back to this, but currently I think the problem is
pretty clear:

CDomainSocket.cc uses domain sockets. This is useful, if you want to get at
the identity of some user without passwords. Nobody uses it, but I thought
some while ago it would be useful for me *sigh*

Anyway: normal gifties can do pretty well without that code. So, you can
simply change the following line in GIFTServer/Makefile.am

(one line)

gift_SOURCES =  Server.cc CSocket.cc CDomainSocket.cc CTCPSocket.cc
processMessage.cc CProcessMessageParameters.cc CMultiServer.cc

(one line, just remove CDomainSocket.cc)

gift_SOURCES =  Server.cc CSocket.cc CTCPSocket.cc processMessage.cc
CProcessMessageParameters.cc CMultiServer.cc

Though untested, this should solve your problem. If not, please contact this
list again. I am leaving on vacations today, I will ask you how things worked
out (and I will ask for your patches) when I come back.