Re: [help-GIFT] GIFT/giFT conflict: your opinion wanted!

From: David Squire
Subject: Re: [help-GIFT] GIFT/giFT conflict: your opinion wanted!
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2003 19:25:17 +1000 (EST)

On Fri, 18 Jul 2003, Wolfgang [iso-8859-1] M?ller wrote:

> Hi guys,
> As you can see, I have been contacted by Josh from the giFT project about the
> gift/gift, scuseme giFT/GIFT conflict. I suggested taking GnuIFT as name of
> our project and leaving the logo the same.
>
> Are you OK with this? I would like your comments.

I am really not OK with this. We have a large number of papers published
using the name GIFT, and considerable awareness in the CBIR Community.
Also, if I have read the earlier mails correctly, giFT post-dates GIFT.

Regards,

David

--
Dr. David McG. Squire, Postgraduate Research Coordinator (Caulfield),
Computer Science and Software Engineering, Monash University, Australia