Re: [help-GIFT] Controlling the features

From: Wolfgang Müller
Subject: Re: [help-GIFT] Controlling the features
Date: Tue, 27 May 2003 16:55:02 +0200

On Tuesday 27 May 2003 15:36, Henning Müller wrote:
> The value specifies whether these feature groups are blocked or not.
> "No" means thus that the features are not blocked which means that they
> are actually getting used, I think.
Yes,

> If you send one or two of them to "yes", you will see the difference.
> The interface normally allows you as well to choose between the feature
> groups at query time.
> The configuration file actually is at times a bit confusing and some
> things could be made a bit clearer.
Granted. In this case, confusion stems from the fact, that (as in many
progrems) absent attributes are supposed to default to "no", and we did want
to use the algorithm to use *some* features even if not attributes where
provided as to what features to use.

If you ask yourself what MRML to send to control the features, just try
changing parpameters from the interface and look into the gift-log.mrml file
afterwards.