Re: [help-GIFT] Controlling the features

From: Henning Müller
Subject: Re: [help-GIFT] Controlling the features
Date: Tue, 27 May 2003 15:36:59 +0200

The value specifies whether these feature groups are blocked or not. "No" means thus that the features are not blocked which means that they are actually getting used, I think.

If you send one or two of them to "yes", you will see the difference. The interface normally allows you as well to choose between the feature groups at query time. The configuration file actually is at times a bit confusing and some things could be made a bit clearer.

Cheers, Henning

Sailesh Suvarna wrote:

In the config file
when we specify the following attributes as

cui-block-color-histogram="no"
cui-block-color-blocks="no"
cui-block-texture-histogram="no"
cui-block-texture-blocks="no"

in the Classical IDF Algorithm,or in Separate Normalization,
it still works and gives some results.If all the features are set to "no"
what feature is it using then?

My question is how can I have control of these features?

Dr. Henning Müller
University Hospitals of Geneva
Division of Medical Informatics
21, rue Micheli-du-Crest