[help-GIFT] GIFT-Plugins

From: Sailesh Suvarna
Subject: [help-GIFT] GIFT-Plugins
Date: Tue, 06 May 2003 17:42:44 +1000

Thanks for all the good work. I've dabbled with creating a new
plugin, and I think I've found a relic of an older libMRML-config
version...

In the configure script generated by PluginMaker/bootstrap.sh, we
have:

MRMLLIBS=`libMRML-config --ldflags --libs`
MRMLINCLUDES=`libMRML-config --includes --cxxflags`

These two lines make libMRML-config very unhappy, since it can only
take single-letter arguments.

My wild guess is they should these be something like:

MRMLLIBS=`libMRML-config -l -L`
MRMLINCLUDES=`libMRML-config -i -c`

Effecting the change allows configure to complete and make to complete
without problems.

Comments?

The GIFT server recognizes the plugin (at least it says it's "sane").
-----
Now comes some questions: how do I actually ask GIFT to use my plugin in a
query etc? do I HAVE to write a plugin in C++ by just editing CAc_myplugin.cc?

Cheers,
Sailesh