[help-GIFT] gift indexing error

From: Nikhil Vasudev Shirahatti
Subject: [help-GIFT] gift indexing error
Date: Sun, 13 Apr 2003 12:25:04 -0700 (MST)

Hi,

I followed the instruction from the help-gift archive on
gift-add-collection mailed by Wolfgang Mueller.

I created a .gift-add-collection file in my home /home/nvs directory:
gift-home="/home/nvs"
feature-prefix="/home/nvs/databases/@collection-name@"
image-directory="/home/nvs/images/@collection-name@"
url-prefix="http://localhost/images/@collection-name@";
thumbnail-prefix="@address@hidden"
thumbnail-url-prefix="@address@hidden"

Then I ran the ./gift-add-collection --collection-name "testing-system"

I received the following error message:
./gift-add-collection.pl --collection-name "testing-system"
I am assuming that the system is using ISO-8859-15 as encoding.
Within the xml files generated, we will use UTF-8 as encoding method
url-prefix => http://localhost/images/@collection-name@
feature-prefix => /home/nvs/databases/@collection-name@
gift-home => /home/nvs
thumbnail-url-prefix => @address@hidden
image-directory => /home/nvs/images/@collection-name@
mkdir /home/nvs/images/testing-system_thumbnails
mkdir /home/nvs/databases/testing-system/

 I will read the images in:
 /home/nvs/images/testing-system/

 I will generate feature files which I put into:
 /home/nvs/databases/testing-system

 The index files will be stored in:
 /home/nvs/databases/testing-system/

 The URLs I will generate will have the prefix:
 http://localhost/images/testing-system

This file was last modified 1049147519 after the epoch
Can't stat /home/nvs/images/testing-system: No such file or directory
 at ./gift-add-collection.pl line 355
Estimating how many images we are going to index: 0
Can't stat /home/nvs/images/testing-system: No such file or directory
 at ./gift-add-collection.pl line 358
Creating an inverted file using the
files/home/nvs/databases/testing-system//
/home/nvs/databases/testing-system///url2fts.xml
/home/nvs/databases/testing-system///InvertedFileFeatureDescription.db

Opening /home/nvs/databases/testing-system//url2fts.xml ...success.
constructing parser
Reading
82 characters
Read url2fts.xml
Successfully processed
URLFile /home/nvs/databases/testing-system//url2fts.xml processed.
I want to use/generate the
files:/home/nvs/databases/testing-system//InvertedFil
e.db
/home/nvs/databases/testing-system//InvertedFileOffset.db
/home/nvs/databases/testing-system//url2fts.xml
/home/nvs/databases/testing-system//InvertedFileFeatureDescription.db
files successfully opened
before mergesort
STARTING mit MERGESIZE1
MERGESORT MergeSize 12
endmerge
after mergesort. The last file I used was
/home/nvs/databases/testing-system//gi
ft-auxiliary-2
Opening sorted stream for reading. State (should be '1'): 0xbfffd0f0

Writing Chunk for Feature ID 0. The Offset is 0x0=0
The collection frequency is: inf
gift-generate-inverted-file: CInvertedFileChunk.cc:115: bool
CInvertedFileChunk:
:writeBinary(std::ostream&, long int, unsigned int) const: Assertion
`!"collecti
on frequency out of range"' failed.

PROGRESS: 99%

So, I manually replaced _COLLECTION_ in the collection-id enviromenemt
variable in the gift-config.mrml with /home/nvs/databases.testing-system/

and then ran the ./gift and it said "waiting for connection..."
I ran the applrtviewer Charmer.html and then connected to localhost..

I got the following error:

-Algorithm CONFIGURED-
[mQ:multiple
mQ]
Build subalgorithm0x8126748 {algorithm}:inverted_file
really doing it
[mQ:inverted_file
mQ]
hier
sub1
checking before making children
making children
Deleting mContentdoneCDynamicQueryFactory

GQOUERY0
The ID I am looking for is:/home/nvs/databases/testing-system/, and I did
not find it
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

Please advise me as to what I have to do to overcome this error.

I have a project to be done by end of this month for which i need the gift
running. it will be great if someone will help me expediate the process
getting GIFT up and running.

Thanks,

--
Nikhil Vasudev Shirahatti