Re: [help-GIFT] gift-add-collection

From: Dipti Vaidya
Subject: Re: [help-GIFT] gift-add-collection
Date: Mon, 09 Sep 2002 17:32:37 -0700

Hi David,
Thanks for your prompt reply.It didn't give me any warnings or complains while configuring and making the files. But when i tried to locate the Writer.pm using "locate Writer.pm" it didn't do anything !! Just returned the command prompt. Also i tried using the command " find | grep Writer.pm ", it didn't give me "Writer.pm" in the results..
Do u think, the software musn't be installed completely ?
Also where is the ./gift-install-prerequisites.pl located ? I couldn't find it in ./scripts/perl folder.

Please let me know what you think is wrong .
Thanks.
Dipti.

Dipti Vaidya wrote:

> Hi,
> I'm trying to install the GIFT software (version gift-0.1.8) in my home
> directory which is on SUN machine. I run the compile and make install
> commands using the Linux OS and it works just fine.

No complaints or warnings at all?

> But when i'm trying to index the images using the "gift-add-collection"
> command, it gives me the following error :
>
>        > perl gift-add-collection.pl /home/dvaidya/0001
> Can't locate XML/Writer.pm in @INC (@INC contains:
> /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.6.1/su
> n4-solaris /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.6.1
> /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1/sun4-
> solaris /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1 /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl
> .) a
> t gift-add-collection.pl line 29.
> BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at gift-add-collection.pl line 29.

This is a Perl error. Perl can't find the module XML::Writer, which the script ./gift-install-prerequisites.pl should try to install during configuration if
it is not there. What happens if you type "locate Writer.pm"?

> I've my images stored in this directory: /home/dvaidya/0001.
> Also inorder to run the perl script "gift-add-collection" , i've to go in
> /home/dvaidya/gift-0.1.8/scripts/perl directory .

Even after you've done "make install"?

Cheers,

David

--
Dr. David McG. Squire, Postgraduate Research Coordinator (Caulfield),
Computer Science and Software Engineering, Monash University, Australia

You gotta do what you gotta do and then live with what you've done !!