Re: [help-GIFT] Understanding MRML

From: Ralf Juengling
Subject: Re: [help-GIFT] Understanding MRML
Date: 01 Jul 2002 12:09:20 +0200

> > Think for instance of a the two classical query schemes "query by
> > keyword" vs "query by example". I can imagine an MRML-compliant client
> > which is supposed to merely support keyword queries. When it connects
> > to a CBIRS which on the other hand merely supports QBE, it should be
> > able to recognize that no queries can be made.
> > If this isn't determined by the "query-paradigm" elements, what is
> > the way to go?
>
> It should be determined by query-paradigm elements.

This is taken from an answer from the GIFT:

<algorithm  algorithm-id="a-perl" algorithm-name="Perl link"
algorithm-type="a-perl" collection-id="c-18-3-3-7-11-101-5-340-0"
cui-base-type="perl" cui-perl-package="CGIFTLink"
cui-perl-query-function="processGIFTQueryCall"
cui-perl-random-function="processGIFTRandomQueryCall"
cui-perl-script-file="/usr/local/home/pruet/gift-embed-perl-modules.pl"
cui-weighting-function="ClassicalIDF" >

<query-paradigm-list  >
  <query-paradigm  type="inverted-file" />
  <query-paradigm  type="perl-demo" />
</query-paradigm-list>
</algorithm>

The values "inverted-file" and "perl-demo" seem misleading to me.
What kind of queries are meant here?

Ralf

Ralf Jüngling
Institut für Informatik - Lehrstuhl f. Mustererkennung &
Bildverarbeitung
Georges-Köhler-Allee
Gebäude 52                                       Tel:
+49-(0)761-203-8215
79110 Freiburg                                   Fax:
+49-(0)761-203-8262