Re: [help-GIFT] memory leak in the gift-server?

From: Wolfgang Müller
Subject: Re: [help-GIFT] memory leak in the gift-server?
Date: Fri, 31 May 2002 15:36:44 +0200

On Friday 31 May 2002 15:31, Daniel Burckhardt wrote:
> hi wolfgang
>
> thanks for your quick reply
>
> > - either close the session once your query is done,
>
> i just checked the module:
> http://savannah.gnu.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs/gift/gift/scripts/perl/CFeedbackCli
>ent.pre-pm?rev=1.4&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup
>
> ###############################
> #
> # close the session
> #
> # FIXME: presently this is empty
> #
> sub closeSession(){
>   my$self=shift;
> }
>
> so this probably won't help... or did i miss something?
>
> > - or configure and open just one session on startup instead of opening
> > one for every query.
>
> i'll try that second approach. it probably needs some extra logic,
> because the session will be lost if the gift-server gets restarted while
> the main script is still running.
>
> greets
>
> daniel

Hmm. This is what happens, if code is rarely used.
I would do something like:

$_= qq(<?xml version="1.0" standalone="no" ?>
         <mrml session-id="$inSessionID">
         <delete-session  session-id="$inSessionID" >
         </mrml>);

  $self->{mSocket}->print($_);
  print "Sent: $_" if($vDEBUG{startSession});

This might actually work. But if I remember right, there is still a small
memory leak for each session that is really tough to track.