Re: [help-GIFT] install on netbsd 1.5.1

From: Wolfgang Müller
Subject: Re: [help-GIFT] install on netbsd 1.5.1
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2002 14:36:19 +0200

On Tuesday 16 April 2002 14:28, kummeth wrote:
> >Could you do a
> >
> >man sed ?

OK. So this is not a GNU sed (obvously) but a BSD sed (even more obviously). I
see two possibilities for fixing:

1) you take the sed statement in the makefile and you figure out all by
yourself how it works.
2) you send over the complete man page of sed, and I try to fix things such
that they work for both seds
3) easiest: I use perl instead of sed (GNU does not like that too much, but in
any case Perl is needed for running the GIFT, so why won't we use it for
installing the GIFT.

PS.: Currently your auto tools setup is not the problem