Re: [help-GIFT] Installing GIFT on MacOS-X or Darwin

From: Wolfgang Mueller
Subject: Re: [help-GIFT] Installing GIFT on MacOS-X or Darwin
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2002 13:23:12 +0100

On Friday 15 March 2002 11:43, Andre Palubitzki wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> has anyone successfully installed GIFT on MacOS-X 10.x or Darwin?

Not that we know of. We would be very interested in an MacOS X port. Do you
have some knowledge about Mach? I doun't but in the kde-developer list some
people discussed some quite ugly problems you have if you want to use
dynamically loaded modules in OSX. Talking with the project that ports GIMP
to mac, as well as with the fink people might be an idea. If I can help you,
I would gladly do so.

> I've tried Version 0.1.8 but after running configure and make I got
> this:
> make[2]: *** No rule to make target `configuring-and-hacking-the-
> gift.sgml', needed by `configuring-and-hacking-the-gift.info'.

configuring-and-hacking-the-gift.sgml  *should* be there directly after
unpacking. Could you check if it's there?

Do you have sed and perl installed?

And more imprtantly: do you use GNU make instead of BSD make? On some systems
one has to type gmake rather than make. make would be BSD make on these
systems.

> make[3]: *** No rule to make target `gift-diagnose-print-all-
> ADI.pre-pl', needed by `gift-diagnose-print-all-ADI.pl'.  Stop.

Again a file that should be there, that should be part of the archive. If
not, drop me a line, I get the crisis, and send a fixed archive to the GNUs
:-/