Re: [help-GIFT] about the document

From: Wolfgang Mueller
Subject: Re: [help-GIFT] about the document
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2001 11:44:36 +0200

On Sunday 21 October 2001 04:06, tangjunhua wrote:
> The GIFT is running^_^! Are there detailed document about adding some new
> search engines in this package? I've read your "Configuring and hacking the
> GIFT", but I think it's insufficient.

> regards
>

>                                  tiger
 2001.10.21

Dear Tiger,

1) Configuring and hacking the gift was the best I could do. However, we want
to put a student on improving the design and writing good system
documentation.

2) We are people of finite ressources. We do not have the ressources to do
the perfect docs, so we have to do the most important stuff and rely on our
users to figure out the rest. Yes, this requires work from our users.

However, you can ease the work of your fellow users by telling us more
exactly what is missing for your understanding, we can formulate answers to
your problems, and later incorporate these answers to the doc.

Dr. Wolfgang Müller, assistant == teaching assistant
Personal page: http://cui.unige.ch/~vision/members/WolfgangMueller.html
Maintainer, GNU Image Finding Tool (http://www.gnu.org/software/gift)