[Fwd: [help-GIFT] Searching for similarities]

From: MUELLER Henning
Subject: [Fwd: [help-GIFT] Searching for similarities]
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2001 10:18:56 +0200

Hi,

for the first question you are basically right: It is a front end
problem. Submitting images from an external source is not possible with
the Java Interface SnakeCharmer, but we also have a PHP Interface that
you can test out on our webpage http://viper.unige.ch/ when you go to
the demo section. There you can submit an image URL or submit an image
directly from the harddisk.

For the second problem I also think that you are basically right. You
can make a quey with every image and then see if a second image has a
very high similarity score.
This can be automized with a perl script using CFeedbackClient.pl to do
the queries and then print out if the similarity of two images is above
a certain Threshold. This is automized, but it is definitely more
complex than a one-line shell script.

I hope this helps, Henning
     Henning Mueller, Computer Vision Group
     Computer Science Department, University of Geneva
     24, rue du General Dufour, CH-1211 Geneva 4, SWITZERLAND
     Phone : +41(22)705 7633; fax: +41(22)705 7780
     address@hidden
--- Begin Message --- Subject: Re: [help-GIFT] Searching for similarities Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2001 09:55:21 +0200
[...]

--- End Message ---