[help-GIFT] Re: Hello from China - GIFT questions

From: David Squire
Subject: [help-GIFT] Re: Hello from China - GIFT questions
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2001 11:58:45 +1000

tiger wrote:

> Dear David:
>                 I've knew your Viper project on the web. I want to test some
> new algorithms in this open system, but I have encountered some problem. That
> is, I downloaded a copy of GIFT and SnakeCharmer, I compiled the GIFT on
> Redhat7.1  and got a lot of error .  But I still get a runnable GIFT,when it
> is started, I send a connection request from client, GIFT coredumped!

>                 So I decided to hack your sourcecode, when I read your
> package I found some file with ".proto" extension are included in  some ".c"
> file but in your package I can not find the included file, I wonder what is
> the problem. next I found fft.h are included in the some source file but it
> can not be found too. by the way have you ever tested this program on Linux,
> or  do  you intend to do so in the near future?

GIFT was developed under Linux and on SUNs, and I beleieve that all current
development is under Linux. I run it under Linux myself. I will forward your
message to the gift-help mailing list, which is the appropriate forum for such
questions. You can subscribe at http://mail.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/help-gift

Regards,

David

--
Dr. David McG. Squire, Postgraduate Research Coordinator (Caulfield)
Computer Science and Software Engineering, Monash University, Australia