Fwd: Re: [help-GIFT] script incompatibilities?

From: Wolfgang Mueller
Subject: Fwd: Re: [help-GIFT] script incompatibilities?
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2001 10:57:26 +0200

On Monday 09 July 2001 02:07, you wrote:
> i have installed gift 0.1.4e under RH 6.2.
>
> when i run gift-add-collection.pl it looks for
> "/home/demo/gift-0.1.4e/../GIFTInstall/share/gift-config.mrml", which
> does not exist.  (not even /home/demo existed, and when i created it,
> moved gift-0.1.4e into it, and ran "make install" again it still did not
> create such a path.)

Very strange. Did you run ./configure ?

> did i miss something in the installation, or do i some newer script?
> can i create and populate the directory by hand?
>
> i tried to build 0.1.6pre3 but it seems to be missing a script called
> depcomp, that is used by FeatureExtraction/Makefile.

Yes, I am sorry for this, and I fix it asap. It's a script used by the newest
libtool version. I have depcomp in my path, but only few people have, so I
have to put depcomp into the package.

I hope Deepika's answer solved your problem.

Wolfgang Müller,
assistant-doctorant ==  PhD student (2001), teaching assistant
Personal page: http://cui.unige.ch/~vision/members/WolfgangMueller.html
Maintainer, GNU Image Finding Tool (http://www.gnu.org/software/gift)