[help-GIFT] CFeedbackClient

From: Wolfgang Mueller
Subject: [help-GIFT] CFeedbackClient
Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2001 10:31:42 +0100 (CET)

HM> Hi Wolfgang,
Hi Henning,
HM> to make the benchmark running in December, I had a couple of changes to
HM> the CFeedbackClient.pm object, like adding new parameters for the
HM> pruning and feature blocking.

Good.

HM> I just made a patch for the pm, but I think that this does not help a
HM> lot as you need the patch for the pre-pm if I remember it
HM> correctly.

As the *.pm  are generated automatically, a patch of such a file gets
lost after the next make clean. Another thing: the paths should
be relative to the gift root directory and not absolute.

HM> Should I change the files that call CFeedbackClient.pm as well when
HM> necessary? Or do you want to take a look at the changes first. Most of
HM> it should not have an implication as the parameters are set to defaults
HM> if not transmitted.

You are right: changes should not affect other programs or you should
supply patches, to those programs, too. Best, of course, is to supply
default values that make everything else run without changes :-)

HM> I also had errors with the prefabricated configuration message, but I
HM> have to see if this works OK now.

Which problems?

HM> How important is it to have the URL for the dtd correctly?

The DTD is not important, as MRML parsers are non-validating. I should
take it out (potential source of errors).

Wolfgang M&uuml;ller,
assistant-doctorant ==  PhD student (2001), teaching assistant
Personal page: http://cui.unige.ch/~vision/members/WolfgangMueller.html
Maintainer, GNU Image Finding Tool (http://www.gnu.org/software/gift)