[help-GIFT] Error loading shared library

From: Suryani Lim
Subject: [help-GIFT] Error loading shared library
Date: Fri, 02 Mar 2001 20:18:46 +1100

Hi,

I am trying to install GIFT (gift-0.1.5pre) on a Linux Debian
running kernel  2.2.18pre21.

I can compile all codes except those in GIFTServer.
gcc complained that it could not link dlclose, dlerror,
dlopen, dlsym.

I added -ldl in GIFTServer/Makefile such that
LIBS = -lm -ldl

Doing that fixes the linking error and I can continue
to make check then make install.

However, when I try to run gift, I receive this error message

gift: error in loading shared libraries: libGIFTAcPerl.so.0:

I checked /usr/local/lib and it is symbolically linked to
libMRML.so.0.0.0
The permission of the directory and files seem allright.

I would appreciate any help/comments.

Thank you.

Suryani.