Re: gnuserv for Windows emacs 27

From: Ken Goldman
Subject: Re: gnuserv for Windows emacs 27
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2020 08:40:52 -0500

From: Ken Goldman <kgoldman@us.ibm.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2020 11:16:33 -0500

I've been a happy gnuserv/gnuclient user forever.  I recompile for Unix, and
the Windows executable keeps going.

With emacs 27, gnuserv.el fails on the call to process-kill-without-query.

Do I need a newer gnuserv.el?
Is gnuserv finally obsolete on Windows?
Are there instructions for emacsclient.

No, yes, and yes.  For the latter, see the user manual.

FTR, I've been using emacsclient on MS-Windows since forever, and have
yet to see a problem with that.

Where's the user manual?

I had it slightly working with [runemacs / emacsclientw].  However, a
File Explorer double click does not create a new frame.  I know about
-c, but how do I put that in the file association?

Googling mentions running a script, using a .bat file, editing
the registry, but none worked.  What's the clean solution.