Sending mail on windows opens up Outlook

From: richard . baeck
Subject: Sending mail on windows opens up Outlook
Date: Sun, 08 Nov 2020 12:03:20 +0000

Hello!

I am having the following troubles: when I send a mail in gnus via
message-send-and-exit Outlook opens up with the subject and TO
pre-filled from my message in gnus and the body in the clipboard.

As I specifically want to use gnus and not Outlook this really annoys
me.

I am using Emacs on Windows with Spacemacs preconfigured. The
configuration for gnus does not state anything related to Outlook - I
have checked it.

I am using the following configuration to send my mail:
    (setq message-sendmail-function 'message-send-mail-with-sendmail)
    (setq message-sendmail-extra-arguments '("-a" "main"))
    (setq sendmail-program "C:/msys64/mingw64/bin/msmtp.exe")

On a Linux box I am using the exact same setup without any issues at
all. ... but of course I do not have Outlook there either.

Does anyone of you have any idea on what could cause such behavior?

Best regards,
Richard