Re: [h-e-w] Emacs cursor turns into a vertical line

From: John J . Xenakis
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] Emacs cursor turns into a vertical line
Date: Sun, 30 Aug 2020 12:43:46 -0400

>   What happens if you invoke it like this (from the cmd.exe prompt):

>   emacs -Q

No change - same vertical bar cursor.

>   Also, what is the value of w32-use-visible-system-caret?

The value of w32-use-visible-system-caret is t.

So I executed this:

>   (setq w32-use-visible-system-caret nil)

Holy Moley!!!! That fixed the problem.  The old cursor is back!

So am I all set now?  All I need to do is add that statement to
the startup macros?

Or if not, is there anything else I need to do?

Thanks for your help.

John