Re: [h-e-w] Circled X icon/chars on emacs x64 Windows

From: Aditya Nugraha
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] Circled X icon/chars on emacs x64 Windows
Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2018 23:38:39 +0700

>>These look like ⓐⓀ to me, i.e. U+24D0 and U+24C0.  Can you display
>>these characters in a buffer (using "C-x 8 RET")?
I am a newbie in emacs or spacemacs world, so please pardon me, After
entered U+24D0 & U+24C0 into "C-x 8 RET" prompt, i am getting invalid
character both of those words (U+24D0 & U+24C0) and both of sf.net
built and my self-compiled one.

>>If I'm right, and these are the above characters, then it is strange
>>that one Emacs can display it, while the other cannot, on the same
>>system.  Do you perhaps have some customizations in .emacs or init.el
>>or other init files, which customize fontsets?
These matter also baffle me as i have never encountered it before on
either both of sf.net or my self compiled. The only custom init files
are only my own .spacemacs file which is already mentioned above, and
i will attached below.

Can you guide me on how to these ? :
>>What do you get if you evaluate the following in each version of
>>Emacs:

>>  (format-mode-line mode-line-format)

>>You can evaluate this with "C-u M-:", then the result will be inserted
>>into the current buffer, and you should be able to click the mouse on
>>the ellipsis to reveal the hidden parts.
When either on spacemacs front page or on scratch buffer i am getting
"Beginning of buffer" when typing C-u ( in windows ctrl-u)

>>What version of Emacs is this based on?  What does "M-x emacs-version RET"
>>display?
My self-compiled one return "GNU Emacs 25.3.1 (x86_64-w64-mingw32) of
2018-02-24"
The sf.net compiled one return "GNU Emacs 25.3.1 (x86_64-w64-mingw32)
of 2017-09-12"