[h-e-w] Emacs 25.2 & 25.3 is very slow and lags on Windows 10, 64 bit

From: Daniel Hannaske
Subject: [h-e-w] Emacs 25.2 & 25.3 is very slow and lags on Windows 10, 64 bit
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2017 13:30:32 +0200

Hi,

today I tried to setup a new Emacs on Windows 10, Home Edition, 64-bit.
The pc has 8 GB RAM and an Intel i5-6400 CPU and should be fast enough
to allow a reasonable fast work with Emacs.

I tried the following Emacs versions:

- emacs-25.2-x86_64
- emacs-25.3-x86_64
- emacs-25.2-i686

(downloaded the zip files and unzipped them).

During my configuration with org-babel I noticed that the scrolling is
very slow and from time to time I have to wait a few seconds until Emacs
will scroll again. Also calling commands e.g. M-x has sometimes a
waiting period of a few seconds.

To be sure that my config and some external packages is causing that
issue I checked if the lagging  also occurs with a fresh install without
any config files. And yes that lagging occured there as well.

If I load in those Emacs an org file (1.7 kb) and scroll it up and down
than I will get that lagging. I will also get it if I scroll via the
mouse.

I have no idea what can be the reason or how to prevent it. Maybe
somebody can help or know what to check next.

Best regards,

Daniel

--
  Daniel Hannaske