Re: [h-e-w] emacs daemon and emacsclientw configuration on MS Windows

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] emacs daemon and emacsclientw configuration on MS Windows
Date: Sat, 16 Sep 2017 10:56:49 +0300

> From: Kerry Maize <address@hidden>
> Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2017 23:26:50 -0400
>
> Running emacs as a daemon, runemacs.exe --daemon
> Followed by invoking emacsclientw.exe with the appropriate options.
>
> Starting the daemon succeeds (I see emacs.exe in the process list),
> but invoking emacsclient produces errors.

Which errors specifically?  And how did you invoke emacsclientw in
this case, exactly?  Please show the complete command line used to
invoke emacsclientw.

Also, for the record: how did you start the daemon "on startup"?

> The wiki says to create a
> shortcut to emacsclientw.exe and change the target to
>
> X:\path\to\emacs\bin\emacsclientw.exe -na
> "X:\path\to\emacs\bin\emacsclientw.exe" -c -n
>
> Is this correct?

I don't know.  Let's forget the wiki for now, shall we?  AFAIU, you
aren't supposed to need any shortcuts, as long as you invoke
emacsclientw by hand from the cmd prompt.  If that works, let's take
it from there step by step.