Re: [h-e-w] Hang when saving files

From: Matthew Fidler
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] Hang when saving files
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2015 21:27:06 +0000

I have also noticed a delay.  But I only notice a delay when using ido and there are many files in the directory.  I thought it was due to looking up the contents of the directory and caching the results.

On Thu, Dec 17, 2015 at 3:14 PM Sarir Khamsi <address@hidden> wrote:
David Capello <address@hidden> spake thusly:

> Hi people,
>
> Is someone else having problems saving files on Emacs for Windows (GNU Emacs
> 24.5.1 (i686-pc-mingw32) of 2015-04-11 on LEG570)?
> Sometimes it takes 30 seconds or more to save one file.
>
> I've tried disabling fsync with:
>
>   (setq write-region-inhibit-fsync t)
>
> But it doesn't solve the problem.

I have seen the same problem and noticed that the delay (closer to about
10 sec for me) happens when I am _off_ our company network.

Sarir

--
Sarir Khamsi
software guy