Re: [h-e-w] Windows 10 Taskbar Behavior

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] Windows 10 Taskbar Behavior
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2015 00:09:12 +0100

On Tue, Oct 27, 2015 at 10:19 PM, Rob Davenport <address@hidden> wrote:

> True.  And looking at the code again, it does seem very odd to be putting
> those values in the App Paths key.

The only things that addpm.exe adds to App Paths are:

- an entry for emacs.exe, with a suitable Path (so it can be run from almost anywhere)
- The path for the Gtk DLLs (which it adds to the Path vaule), if installed. This functionality was removed from the Emacs trunk a few days ago.

Well, it has a few other uses, but not many: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/ee872121(v=vs.85).aspx

> I could have sworn it created a HKLM\Software\GNU\Emacs key - like where
> you can add xrdb entries to control things prior to the initial frame appearance.

 If you're running the 32-bit addpm in a 32-bit Windows, it does just that, and if you run the 32-bit addpm in a 64-bit Windows, it adds it to HKLM\Software\Wow6432Node\GNU\Emacs.

> Btw, I got mingw installed and have successfully built Emacs.
> Now to try modifying addpm.   I have to: at least to see if it can
> add the AppUserModelID

That's great. Holler if you need me to try it on my Windows 10 Home.