Re: [h-e-w] Windows 10 Taskbar Behavior

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] Windows 10 Taskbar Behavior
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2015 17:14:44 +0300

> From: Juanma Barranquero <address@hidden>
> Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2015 15:47:52 +0200
> Cc: Rob Davenport <address@hidden>,
>       "address@hidden" <address@hidden>, David Vanderschel <address@hidden>
>
> As I said, the calls to Set...ID do succeed when I run runemacs.exe or
> emacs.exe from inside GDB. So I don't think that's the problem.

So the conclusion is AFAIU this: Windows 10 changed the behavior wrt
the AppID of the shortcuts pinned to the taskbar: where previous
versions "inherited" the AppID of the application that was pinned,
Windows 10 doesn't.  Is that correct?

Maybe someone could ask on some Microsoft forum whether indeed there
was a change in behavior here, and if so, what is its rationale.  It
could even be a bug in Windows 10.

Thanks.