Re: [h-e-w] Windows 10 Taskbar Behavior

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] Windows 10 Taskbar Behavior
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2015 13:30:56 +0300

> From: Juanma Barranquero <address@hidden>
> Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2015 12:18:16 +0200
> Cc: "address@hidden" <address@hidden>,
>       David Vanderschel <address@hidden>
>
> > I infer it's not a high occurrence issue by the fact that no one else is
> complaining about the problem.
>
> I see it. I'm on Windows 10 and had to use win7appid to add the AppId to the
> shortcut.

Which shortcut?  On the desktop or in the Start Menu?

Anyway, you are in effect saying that when runemacs is run from a
shortcut, its call to SetCurrentProcessExplicitAppUserModelID has no
effect?  Does that call succeed or fail?

Also, if you invoke runemacs from the cmd prompt, does the problem go
away?