Re: [h-e-w] Fwd: Windows 10 Taskbar Behavior

From: Rob Davenport
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] Fwd: Windows 10 Taskbar Behavior
Date: Sat, 10 Oct 2015 23:40:00 -0400

What version of Windows 7?  with or without SP1? 32-bit or 64-bit?  Home, Professional, Enterprise?

Actually I found the registry tip is very non-invasive, it's more like turning on some extra information display.  But you can also use the lnk_parser program (https://code.google.com/p/lnk-parser/).  In a command prompt, navigate to the pinned shortcut directory, and run the program on the emacs.lnk file and look in the output for the app model id.   Test it after unpinning Emacs and repinning (but before changing the shortcut target to runemacs) and again after changing the target to runemacs.

On Sat, Oct 10, 2015 at 10:44 PM, Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> wrote:
> From: Rob Davenport <address@hidden>
> Date: Sat, 10 Oct 2015 21:34:21 +0000
> Cc: address@hidden, address@hidden
>
> What version of Emacs and what OS are you running?

It was 24.3 on Windows 7.

> Could you try adding that registry entry I mentioned and check the
> app id if any that gets set in the shortcut after you first pin it?
> (Before changing it to runemacs)

I'd prefer not to mess with the Registry for such simple issues.
(That messing could well be the reason it worked fore you once, but
doesn't now.)  Is there another way of finding the App ID of an icon?