Re: [h-e-w] Emacs crashes during closing while using image-mode

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] Emacs crashes during closing while using image-mode
Date: Sat, 28 Dec 2013 21:35:47 +0200

> Date: Sat, 28 Dec 2013 20:09:17 +0100
> From: Jens Spille <address@hidden>
>
> I use version 24.2 of GNU Emacs on Windows 7 Pro. Everything works fine,
> but the image mode.
>
> I can add am image file link to a text or org-mode files, activating
> 'iimage-mode' or 'org-display-inlines-images' and see the images as e.g.
> *.png image. Perfect!
>
> I can deactivating the image mode, still everything is fine. But if I
> close emacs C-x C-c it crashes. Emacs does *not* crash, if I don't use
> the image mode during my sessions.
>
> I downloaded the latest version today 'emacs-24.3-bin-i386.zip', it is
> OK until I start 'addpm.exe' to activate the image-mode support. Then
> emacs crashes while closing.

I'm quite sure this is another instance of the bug described in the
discussion which styarted here:

  http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2013-05/msg00413.html

If you have any image libraries (or other optional libraries) that
depend on libgcc_s_dw2-1.dll, replace those libraries with ones that
don't.