Re: [h-e-w] compiling bbdb3 with mingw

From: Sean Sieger
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] compiling bbdb3 with mingw
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2013 16:47:35 -0400

Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:

    I have no idea what bbdb tries to do here and why.  The call to
    unmsys--file-name was supposed to solve only one problem: to avoid
    producing invalid file names such as c:/c/bbdb/lisp/bbdb-loaddefs.el.
    Did it, or didn't it solve this?  If it did, then the rest is some
    other problem.

Yes, the invalid file name problem is corrected.  Sorry.  For 13 years,
I've never been able to compile bbdb on Windows.  I can compile bbdb on
a GNU/Linux machine, get me a directory replete with .elc files and
carry it from one Windows machine to another, but I can't compile it on
Windows.  I don't know enough about it.  I thought Roland's
makefile-temp got around the Autoconf 2.69 problem.  Oof, again, sorry
for wasting your time, Eli.